Frank Mir promoted to title shot against JDS

My reaction to Mir getting promoted to title shot -

I'm happy with the UFC's decision to promote Frank Mir and here is my reason why.

Frank Mir is most deserving
Allistar Overeem is a beast of a man but did he deserve the title shot after only beating Brock Lesnar? I don't think so I think it was just a huge draw which is what the UFC always goes with.

No other fighter in the UFC Heavyweight division has climbed back up like Mir has, I know there are Mark Hunt supporters who will argue all day and night about this but in my unbiased opinion Mir has fought a higher caliber of guys to get back up and has looked very good against them. Hunt is getting there but a couple more wins against solid heavyweights and he's right there and he believe me he will fight for the title very soon. Mir has won 4 out of 5 and 3 strait, he deserves the title shot.

Mir is coming off not only his but one of the all time most impressive victories ever. Mir just submitted the best BJJ guy in all of the Heavyweight Division by snapping his arm. When you think of Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira you do not EVER think that he will be submitted but Frank Mir showed us in a blaze of glory how good his bjj game really was and destroyed Nogueira's arm. Before that he was pretty rocked and fighting off instincts, so that just shows you how much fight is in Mir. Point being he's riding a huge wave of momentum and confidence.

Mir took out JDS's teacher what do you think Mir would do to JDS if the champ is not very very careful? Mir poses a whole new set of threats to the champion. Instead of a Reem vs JDS striker vs striker title fight you got a Striker vs Grappler fight. If Mir can SOME HOW take JDS down the champ is in serious trouble but I'll give you my take on the match up in a separate post.

I'm very happy that Mir is getting a chance to fight JDS for the Championship. This is a good case of the most deserving getting the fight. It's kinda a shame that he only got the shot cause the biggest draw got busted with a ridiculously high Testosterone level.

Hey make sure you check back in when I give my Frank Mir vs JDS opinions on the match-up and follow the blog on twitter @FightJabber for MMA discussions and updates on new blog posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
Copyright 20012 Fight Jabber
Design by BloggerThemes